Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Slipped into the dark ages...

We were without power from about 1pm yesterday until some time in the middle of the night. Let me tell you, it is not fun! Especially with an ice storm outside and dh had to work. I had no phone, so I was terrified that something had happen to him and the house got cold fast. It started when our lights got really bright. So I took a look outside and saw a down electric wire one house over from us. Just as I play open the blind to get a better look, a truck runs over the wire and the wire erupted into flames about 9 feet high. My living rooom lit up. It was unreal and very scary. I made my kids head to the back of the house to their room as it was the farthest from the street and I wasn't sure what was going to happen next. I dialed 911 and told them what happen, they said they would send someone immediately. The fire department showed up just as the fire subsided. Then our power went out. I gathered all candles, flashlights candle lighters, blankets and the first aid kit (just in case) and we all sat in the living room to keep warm. We played card games and waited for dh to get home. Luckily our stove is gas and I was able to make dinner. We had Corn Chowder. I figured some hot soup would be great for keeping us warm. We also watched a movie on dh's PSP after the girls fell asleep around 8:30. Lords of Dogtown. The only movie dh has for the PSP so far...lol! Hey, it was something to watch. When you are in the dark ages, you take what you can get. It wasn't too bad either. :D Well we woke up this morning to heat and electricity! Woohoo! Thank God, because I was about to get really grouchy without some much needed coffee.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...

Wow! Very scary. Glad everything is okay now.

3:06 PM  
Blogger scrapperjen said...

Gad everything turned out ok - very scary!

12:03 AM  
Blogger La- said...

WOW the drama huh? You know you will be scrapping this "adventure" huh? Glad everyone is ok.

La-

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home